The centre at a glance
- The learning centre is open to all Deakin students, including those studying online or at a campus.
- Just like a campus, there’s a well-equipped computer lab and access to study rooms and other resources
- Entry to the centre is by swiping your Deakin Student Card. You can request access online or email email@example.com.
Lilydale train station is located about one kilometre from the learning centre, with Bus 670 stopping at the door of the Lilydale Lakeside Campus.
The Box Hill Institute Lilydale Lakeside Campus is well serviced by suburban bus lines that operate across Lilydale and the outer regions.
- Take Maroondah Hwy/State Route 34
- Turn right onto John Street
- Turn right onto Hutchinson Street
- Slight left and up Jarlo Drive , Lilydale
Free parking is available adjacent to the centre.
Everything you need
- Computer workstations including PCs and Macs, with Deakin software installed
- Wi-fi internet access using Eduroam
- Printing and copying facilities
- Study and meeting rooms
- Kitchen facilities
- Disability access
- Campus cafe
Get help with structuring, referencing and finishing your assignments.
Writing Mentors are current Deakin students who have excelled in their studies and have undertaken training to be the first point of contact to assist other students. They can answer a range of questions about assessment tasks, assignment structure, Turnitin reports, academic referencing, extensions to due dates, CloudDeakin, student services and more.
They're available online Monday to Thursday 10am–3pm and Friday from 11am–2pm throughout the teaching weeks of Trimester 1 and 2.
Learning centre staff will help you to dial in to your online meeting.
Maths Mentors can assist you with numeracy and maths queries related to your course.
They're current Deakin students who are trained to assist other students, and are available online Monday to Friday from 10am–3pm during the teaching weeks and study periods prior to exams.
+61 3 9246 8999
1 Jarlo Drive
Lilydale, Victoria 3140
Monday to Sunday (except Deakin close-down periods).